Friday 24 July 2015

Hair inspiration: Twist detail, take three

Okay, last try at this. I swear.

This time it went like I wanted it to. But damn, it took forever to finish! Maybe with some more practice it will be quicker and less aggravating for me. It was really frustrating!

But the result was great: Two layers of twists leading into a five-stranded braid.

The sectioning off for the twists really helped me keep track of the strands. My issue with the multi-stranded braids is that it's difficult to keep the individual strands separated and then it turns into an irritating mess for me.

I tried to make a simple gif of where I got the hair for the sections from (To make each strand around the same thickness) and how they went around as strands. Does it make sense?


Anyways. Here is a better sized picture with the result:


Very pleased with it!

PS: Please ignore the pajamas. It was right before bedtime and I couldn't be bothered to change back into clothes for a picture.

Would I do this style again?

Yes. Despite how long it took to create, I really liked it.

7 comments:

  1. This looks more like a fishtail braid---at least the tail portion, from a five strand braid (which I have yet to master). Looks great and might I say, I LOVE the plaid pants!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to admit I'm not 100% sure of the differences between fishtails and x-stranded braids, but in my head a x-stranded braid is where you "follow" the strands all the way through but a fishtail is where you keep taking a "new" strand in. Does that make sense?
      (The plaid pajamas pants are from Calvin Klein and are actually Hubby's. Bought them for him for his Christmas calendar last year, but he never wears them so I stole them. Mine now. Hah)

      Delete
  2. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/pound-melter-book-review-really-worth-buying-meghan-g
    Everyone makes this mistake. It's especially common around the New Year and before the Summer Holidays. Here's what happens... You're super-motivated to change your body. Maybe you're going to go on a diet. Maybe you're going to start exercising. Or maybe you're going to hit it hard and do both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work....it's awesome and really features your super length so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like the 5-stranded braid for the ability to take up length!

      Delete
  4. Looks awesome! And so neat and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm very happy I didn't give up after the first less-than-awesome try!

      Delete